Alireza Pourreza , Ph.D.
3042 Bainer Hall, Davis, California 95616, 3042 Bainer Hall
Davis, CA 95616
Precision agriculture/horticulture; agricultural mechanization; machine vision; agricultural robotics and automation; big data, hyperspectral/multispectral imaging; remote sensing and GIS.
- Sunkist Young Designer Award, ASABE, 2018
- Giuseppe Pellizzi Prize (1st Place), Club of Bologna, Italy, 2016
- Best Video Award, 2-Minute Research Video Contest, University of Florida, 2015
- Outstanding International Student Award, College of Engineering, University of Florida, 2014
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, International Society of Precision Agriculture, July 2014
- Presidential Service Award, University of Florida, 2014
- Three Minute Thesis Competition (2nd Place), University of Florida, 2014
- Champion of Change, Mayors' Council, University of Florida, 2014
- Outstanding International Student Award, College of Engineering, University of Florida, 2013
- Best Paper Award, ASABE Annual Meeting, Kansas City, Missouri, July 2013
SpecialtySensing Agricultural Automation Precision Agriculture Big Data
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Pourreza, A. (2017). "Feasibility of Using the Optical Sensing Techniques for Early Detection of Huanglongbing in Citrus Seedlings." Robotics 6: 11-25.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2016). Development of a Multiband Sensor for Citrus Black Spot Disease Detection. 13th ICPA International Conference. St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Springer.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2016). Early Diagnosis of Huanglongbing disease in Citrus Seedlings. 129th Florida State Horticultural Society Annual Meeting, Stuart, Florida, USA, American Society for Horticultural Science (In-Press).
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2016). Identification of Citrus Huanglongbing Disease at the Pre-Symptomatic Stage Using Polarized Imaging Technique. The 5th IFAC Conference on Sensing, Control and Automation for Agriculture, Seattle WA, IFAC-PapersOnLine (In-Press).
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee, Won Suk (2016). "Spectral Characteristics of Citrus Black Spot Disease." HortTechnology 26(3): 254-260.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee, Won Suk (2015). "An evaluation of a vision-based sensor performance in Huanglongbing disease identification." Biosystems Engineering 130(0): 13-22.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee, Won Suk (2015). "An optimum method for real-time in-field detection of Huanglongbing disease using a vision sensor." Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 110(0): 221-232.
- Raveh, Eran; Pourreza, A. (2015). Method for huanglongbing (hlb) detection. Google Patents. https://www.google.com/patents/WO2015193885A2?cl=en
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee, Won Suk (2015). Spectral band selection to design a low cost sensor for citrus black spot disease detection. ASABE Annual Meetin. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2014). A Vision Based Sensor for Huanglongbing Disease Detection under a Simulated Field Condition. ASABE Annual Meeting. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 1. http://elibrary.asabe.org/abstract.asp?adid=44659&t=5
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2014). "Citrus Huanglongbing detection using narrow-band imaging and polarized illumination." Trans. ASABE 57(1): 259-272.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2014). Effect Of Starch Accumulation In Huanglongbing Symptomatic Leaves On Reflecting Polarized Light. 12th ICPA International Conference. Sacramento, California, USA.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee,Won Suk (2014). Rapid in-field diagnosis of Huanglongbing disease using computer vision. 127th Florida State Horticultural Society Annual Meeting. Clearwater, Florida, USA.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Lee, Won Suk (2013). Identification of citrus greening disease using a visible band image analysis. ASABE Annual International Meeting. Kansas City, Missouri, ASABE. July 21 - July 24, 2013. http://elibrary.asabe.org/abstract.asp?adid=43724&t=5
- Pourreza, Alireza; Pourreza, Hamidreza (2012). "Identification of nine Iranian wheat seed varieties by textural analysis with image processing." Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 83: 102-108.
- Abbaspour-Fard, Mohammad-Hossein; Pourreza, Alireza (2011). Wheat Class Identification Using LBP, LSP and LSN Textural Features and Monochrome Image. 12th International Conference in Agricultural Engineering.
- Pourreza, Alireza; Pourreza, Hamidreza (2010). An automatic foreign materials detection of barberries using red-free image processing. Third International Workshop on Advanced Computational Intelligence (IWACI), IEEE.
- Aghkhani, Mohammad Hosein; Pourreza, Alireza (2007). "Egg Sorting by Machine Vision Method." Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 8(3): 141-150.