Pomology Junior Specialist - Stanislaus County
Date Posted: March 19, 2019
Closing Date: April 14, 2019
Job Description: Download
The University of California’s division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) seeks a Pomology Junior Specialist to learn about and assist with cutting edge research and education programs focused on production agriculture, integrated pest management, water use efficiency, and innovative practices to minimize environmental impacts while ensuring economic viability of tree crop production.
Location: Modesto, Stanislaus County, California ~ working in the North San Joaquin Valley tree crop region.
Qualifications: A baccalaureate degree in agricultural sciences (soils, entomology, plant pathology, agronomy, horticulture, plant sciences, or related field) is required. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to conduct field research, work independently, as well as accomplish team-based research and education programs consistent with the UCCE's mission.
Furthermore, experience must demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate and extend technical information in an understandable manner;
- The ability to work with people who may have a diversity of views and values;
- The ability and willingness to perform physical work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (warm or cold) when dust or mud is present;
- Literacy in modern computing technologies, including but not limited to statistical software packages (e.g. Statgraphisc), Microsoft Office Suite, and internet
Salary: Junior Specialist payroll title. Salary table accessible at this web location: https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/285849.pdf
- Application Deadline: Sunday, April 14, 2019 for full consideration.
- From the "Job Description" link above, access the two page announcement for full position description and application instructions.
- Access and complete required academic application form at this link: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/278846.pdf
- Submit, via e-mail to ANRacademicsearch@ucanr.edu, your cover letter of interest, completed academic application form, curriculum vitae (resume) and all university transcripts in English including your degree diploma if the transcripts do not indicate degree level and date conferred. Please do NOT submit password protected transcripts.
Point of Contact for more information: Karen Ellsworthkaellsworth@ucanr.edu and 530 750-1284